Monday, October 09, 2006

*~^~*Diwali*~^~*

5-day holiday, baby! Not to mention new clothes, sweets, and of course...firecrackers! Don't care what people say, I still enjoy waking up at 3, 4 in the morning (most of the time) and announce the same with the first saravedi.
But one thing I don't look forward to is pseudo activism during this season: if it's not child labour in fireworks factories, it's pollution of some kind. Sometimes it's noise, otherwise it's general air pollution. Of course then there's "oh no! what about the dogs?!"
I like kids, and the environment and dogs in general, I really do. But what I hate is these doofuses who pretend the actually care for these things -- albeit fleetingly -- especially during this season. Well, if you're so damn passionate about child labour and related causes then why don't go to your nearest tea shop and rescue said "suffering children"? All one's gotta do here is pick up the f*ckin' phone and dial 1098 (thats ten-nine-eight).
If you care so much about the air getting polluted, stop driving your car!
Same goes for your concern for dogs.

I've been celebrating Diwali this way since...ever. And I don't intend on stopping because you care all of a sudden.

No comments: